lindacoop11

family tree maker

Family Tree maker is one of the best genealogy software and all-time genealogist favorites. The interface of this software is good so software lets you build your tree easily. Family tree maker 2017 has predefined genealogy reports that you can create without any hassles. You can also connect your software to ancestry.com or familysearch.org to get hints in your tree when you search for a person. Color coding, this is one of the features added in family tree maker 2019. This feature makes your tree look cool and the best part. You will be able to see the bloodline. You can use some plugin to get a better experience with this software. Charting companion plugin lets you create different charts from your family tree software. If you are using a Family book creator, it will help you create a family book. You can publish it and give it to your family. As per us, this is one of the best software but when you compare the report options with Legacy. They are better than Family tree maker 2017. For Family Tree Maker support call +1-888-299-3207

Reset Family Tree Maker 2017 to default

How to Reset Family Tree Maker 2017 to default for Apple Computers?

In this blog, we are going to explain how you will be able to reset family Tree Maker 2017 to default. Please know this blog is only for Mac (apple computers). For windows computer, please read our other blog. Sometimes, if your program does not work properly then you can restore to default. Please know resetting to default will not cause any data lose.

Let’s follow the steps below to reset family tree maker.

• Click on Go on the top bar of your mac screen on the menu bar and then click on Library.

• In the Library folder, Go to Preferences and find com.mackiev.FamilyTreeMaker2017.plist. we need to remove this file from the computer. You need to click on the file and hold and move it to trash. You need to make sure you empty your trash folder as well.
  • After deleting this file, you will need to restart your computer.
Note: Please do not delete anything else. If you do delete any of your important file, you may lose them, and you will not be able to get them back. If you are not tech savvy, then you should hire a tech and let them do it for you.

This is how you reset Family Tree Maker 2017. If you have followed the steps as described, you will be able to successfully be resetting your family tree maker.Remember as I said, you will not lose your family tree data, but you will not see any family tree files there and you will need to register your copy of Family tree maker again. Once you done with your registration. You need to import all your family tree files back to your FTM software.If you need premium technician service then please call our Family Tree Maker support number +1-888-299-3207 to get help. We would like to tell you, we are not MacKiev support and we have no relation with MacKiev.

Source: http://familytreemakersupport.com